Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
- Additional InformationPostnatal examinations take place six to eight weeks after the birth. Patients will be seen by the doctor. Appointments may be made at reception. It is very important, for a new mother’s health, that this check is made.
Contraceptives - Other
- Additional InformationAll aspects of contraception may be discussed with the doctors, or our practice nurse, who are both qualified in family planning.
For coils and implants please check for your local family planning clinic online at: http://www.fpa.org.uk/find-a-clinic
- Additional InformationAll women between the ages of twenty five and sixty-four years will automatically be invited to attend surgery for a cervical smear test in line with the national policy for screening. Tests are taken every three years. Appointments may be made with the nurse. Please mention that you are booking for a smear, so that sufficient time may be allowed.
- Additional InformationIt is very important that all infants and children are protected from potentially fatal illness wherever possible. The local Health Authority sends out reminders to parents, when the children are due for their immunizations. The schedule of childhood vaccinations can be found in their 'Red Book' or by clicking 'Vaccination Schedule UK' in the menu on the left
- Additional InformationWe offer influenza vaccination annually between October and December. These are recommended for everyone over the age of sixty-five and for others with chronic chest or heart problems, or diabetes on request. Pneumonia injections are also recommended for above 65year olds.
- Additional InformationOur practice nurse is able to give detailed advice on all travel vaccinations and Malaria prevention, as well as general advice for travellers. Please contact the surgery well before your departure date, to allow plenty of time for the necessary vaccinations to be given. Most vaccinations needs to be given at least 3 weeks before travel, so call up at least 5-6 weeks before you travel.
PLEASE NOTE - TRAVEL SERVICE IS SUBJECT TO NURSE APPOINTMENT AVAILABILITY. YOU MAY BE SIGNPOSTED TO ALTERNATIVE PROVIDERS SUCH AS PHARMACIES OR TRAVEL CLINICS.
- Requires GP Referral?No
Over Seventy-Five Years Health Checks
- Additional InformationIn accordance with the department of health ruling we invite all patients of seventy-five years and over to have an annual heath check. These checks are done by our nurses. Checks are by appointment only.
NHS Health Check
- Additional InformationPatients aged 40-74 who do not have medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and blood pressure, are advised to have a NHS health check every 5 years. A blood test form can be requested from reception after which an appointment is made with the nurse. These clinics help to identify life curtailing disease early on so they can be treated in a timely and more effective manner.
Find out more at: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/nhs-health-check/pages/what-is-an-nhs-health-check.aspx
- Held byNurse Pauline Hill
- Additional InformationCOPD patients will be invited for review by our nurse.
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 01895 674156.